Wu Shaoxiang was born 1957, Jiangxi Province, China. Following the Cultural Revolution, he studied sculpture at the Jingdezhen Ceramics Institute and later completed a postgraduate degree at the Central Academy of Arts and Design in Beijing. A prominent figure in China’s New-Wave art movement, Wu also lectured at the Central Academy and was named one of China’s ten most influential avant-garde artists. In 1989, Wu and his family emigrated to Austria, where he established a studio with his wife, the sculptor Jiang Shuo. Having exhibited extensively in Asia, Europe and America, Wu’s works are widely collected by important museums and prestigious institutions worldwide.